Godly Play - 9:20 to 10:20 a.m. each Sunday in the Atrium
The Godly Play Program is for children from the age of 3 years through those entering the 2nd grade. Children have an innate sense of the presence of God. The Godly Play approach helps them to explore their faith through story, to gain religious language and to enhance their spiritual experience though wonder and play. Based on Montessori principles and developed using a spiral curriculum, the Godly Play method serves children through early, middle and late childhood and beyond. Come join us!
For more information, contact Rev. Catie Greene at email@example.com or 303-898-4724.
Weaving God's Promises - 9:30 a.m. each Sunday in the Parish Library
Weaving God's Promises is for children in the 3rd through 6th grades and is led by the Rev. Scott Turner.
The “Mission” of Weaving God’s Promises:
- To teach children and youth how God’s promises of salvation are woven into our lives.
- To teach children and youth the way of Christ, not only in the church but also in the world as Christ’s ambassadors.
- To give children and youth a solid grounding for future youth and high-school formation programs, which prepares them for Christian adulthood.
- To foster the spiritual formation and growth of our children and youth in Christ’s love and mercy and to teach the spirit of forgiveness and reconciliation.
Theological and historical information on our Anglican/Episcopal history and heritage is part of every session plan. Class sessions are structured around the Holy Eucharist as set forth in the Book of Common Prayer:
- Gathering: Simple activities focusing the children on the lesson to come.
- Telling the Sacred Story (Liturgy of the Word): Telling the biblical story.
- Prayer (Prayers of the People): Giving thanks to God for Gods presence with us.
- Sharing (Holy Communion): A time of fellowship and snacks with time for sharing that week’s story.
- Sending Forth: Closing prayer sends the children/youth to worship or back to their homes.
Contact Rev. Scott Turner at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 970-879-0925 for more information.